Mobile Skills Crew Storm Damage Cleanup, Blue Hills Segment
June 1 @ 8:00 am - June 3 @ 5:00 pm
The above link is to our general registration system. Alliance members may also register via our new member-account system (click here to log in). Using the account you can easily register for events, manage your contact info, and renew your membership. NOTE: If you have not yet established your login info (or forgotten it) you can enter your email address to start the process.
Experienced Sawyers and Signers Wanted!! Chainsaw, trail signage, trail mowing and trail clearing work to clean up 2016 storm damage.
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities. The IATA provides food, tools, and campsites free to all who volunteer.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. Work begins on Thursday, June 1, and concludes Saturday, June 3. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.