- This event has passed.
Mobile Skills Crew Trailbuilding Event, Ringle Segment
August 9 @ 8:00 am - August 13 @ 12:00 pm
The above link is to our general registration system. Alliance members may also register via our new member-account system (click here to log in). Using the account you can easily register for events, manage your contact info, and renew your membership. NOTE: If you have not yet established your login info (or forgotten it) you can enter your email address to start the process.
This MSC Mammoth event follows up the May event to open 1.7 miles of NEW trail for business and help prime the canvas of an additional 5 miles of new trail to follow in 2018.
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities. The IATA provides food, tools, and campsites free to all who volunteer.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. Work begins on Wednesday, Aug. 9, and concludes Sunday, Aug. 13. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. On Sunday, work ends by noon.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.