…and there are TWO ways to benefit the Ice Age Trail Alliance AND get your holiday shopping done!
For those of you who like to do your shopping online, from the comfort of your recliner, and from Amazon.com then you may want to take advantage of AmazonSmile where Amazon donates 0.5% of eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
How it works:
- Instead of going to Amazon.com, you will need to go to the AmazonSmile page which is: https://smile.amazon.com/
- You may then log in like you normally do when you log into your Amazon account
- Right underneath the Amazon search bar you will see small orange text that says “Supporting: name of the organization”
- If you hover the mouse over the “Supporting: Name of Organization” it will bring up the option to change the charity you are supporting or give you the opportunity to select one. (This may also be an option from in your account settings.)
- Amazon will offer you a rotating list of their “spotlight charities” and below that a search bar that says “Or pick your own charitable organization:” here is where you can type in “Ice Age Trail Alliance”.
- Click on the “Select” button and now you are all set to start shopping and have 0.5% of the purchase price of whatever you order through Amazon will go towards the Ice Age Trail Alliance.
- Remember: in order for a charity or organization to benefit from any Amazon shopping you do, you must use the AmazonSmile portal.
The EXTRA good news is this: AmazonSmile purchases benefit charities or organizations ALL year long…not just during the holiday season.
For those of you who like to do your shopping on line, from the comfort of your recliner, and want to spend your money more locally, then consider heading over to the Ice Age Trail Alliance store. Here you will find beautifully handcrafted cribbage boards made specifically for the Ice Age Trail Alliance. One of our handy volunteers, who when he is not busy helping build trail, crafts these unique game boards out of different varieties of wood. (Note: ALL proceeds from the sale of the cribbage boards benefits the IATA.)
While you are on site, you may also consider items like coffee mugs, hats, t-shirts, and of course, our Ice Age Trail Guidebook, Atlas, Databook, and the Thousand-Miler Map & Checklist, all items your favorite hiker may appreciate!