Be a Trailbuilder. The LaBudde Creek Segment, a quiet gem whose features grow on you with each visit, needs some extra love and attention in 2020. Crews will be building a 150-foot boardwalk and maintaining 3-miles of Trail. All abilities and skill levels are welcome. Tools will be provided along with training by all-female crew leaders and Trail enthusiasts.
You’ll work side-by-side with some of the most dedicated Trail enthusiasts you’ll ever meet, chainsaw certified, Joanne Ellarson, and others female, volunteer, crew leaders from around the state. Meals will be provided during the duration of your stay. Camping*, in tandem with the simultaneous Mobile Skills Crew event, is available on Friday, August 21st and Saturday, August 22nd.
Be EMPOWERED Event Details:
When: Saturday, August 22, 2020, LaBudde Creek Segment, Sheboygan County.
Where: Project Site Map (link coming soon).
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
No experience is necessary and there’s a role for volunteers of all ages and abilities…bring your sisters, daughters, mothers, and friends! Training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders.
Saturday lunch provided on site. (Camping? Breakfast, lunch, dinner are provided if you stay overnight.)
What to Bring:
- Long-sleeve shirts and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen, a hat and gaiters.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
*Camping? REI will provide a tent for participants, as needed. Please request a tent when filling out the Trailtessa registration form.
Ages: Women ages 14 and above
Limit: 25 women and girls
FEE: $12.00 per participant
We love our 4-legged furry friends but dogs are not allowed at Trailtessa Retreats.
Our partners for this Be EMPOWERED event:
Outdoor co-op REI today launched a comprehensive effort to advance gender equity in the outdoors, encouraging millions of its members to embrace the outdoors as “the world’s largest level playing field.