Update for Android users of the Mammoth Tracks – Ice Age Trail app:
Mammoth Tracks is now available as an in-app purchase for Android in the new and improved version of Atlas Guides’ hiking app called “Guthook Guides: Hike & Bike Offline”.
Here are some common questions and answers about the new app.
Q: I have the Mammoth Tracks – Ice Age Trail app on my Android phone. Can I still use it?
A: Yes, you can still use it, and it will have the same data as the newer app. However, this app will not be updated (other than the data) or supported in the future.
Q: I have the Mammoth Tracks – Ice Age Trail app on my Android phone. Can I transfer my purchase to the new Guthook Guides app?
A: Yes, here are instructions to transfer:
1. Make sure you have the latest version of Mammoth Tracks – Ice Age Trail on your device and open it at least once.
2. Download “Guthook Guides: Hike & Bike Offline” from the Play Store:
4. Select “Restore Purchases” text at the top of the list of guides
5. A list of apps will open. Select the Mammoth Tracks – Ice Age Trail app
6. If you followed step 1, you should get a message saying that your purchases have been restored. If you get an error message, follow the directions in the error message.
7. Select Back, then choose the Ice Age National Scenic Trail row
8. Your prior purchases should be marked as purchased
Q: Why should I use the new Guthook Guides app rather than the Mammoth Tracks – Ice Age Trail app?
A: The new Guthook Guides app has been completely redesigned and rebuilt for a better user experience. It has more features than the older app and is much more stable.
Q: Can I still purchase the Ice Age Trail guide in the Mammoth Tracks – Ice Age Trail app?
A: Yes, but it will be removed from the Play Store sometime in 2019 and will not be supported. However if you purchase in the older app, you can always transfer to the new Guthook Guides app.
Q: I am having problems using or transferring to the new app. Who do I contact?