At the Alliance’s awards ceremony, executive director Mike Wollmer summarized Dolly’s remarkable contributions with the following words:
“For the very few of you who don’t know about Dolly, I’ll provide you a recap of the last 25+ years. In reviewing our files and several nomination forms, it would be easier for me to tell you what she hasn’t done, but that’s not fair.
Since at least 1992, she has:
• Been a member!
• Been a Trail Angel to countless hikers
• Served as a director 3 times
• Co-hosted 2 Roads Scholar events
• Anyone heard of Cold Cache? A ground breaking Ice Age Trail version of Earth caching that would be nowhere without her.
• Received the 2016 American Recreation Coalition’s Beacon Award for innovative service
• Co-organized the “Chillin’ on the Trail” in 2009
• Served as a delightful Camp Chef at many MSC Trail Events serving as many as 1,000 meals
• Presented at annual conferences almost every year
• Coordinated and promoted Manitowoc/Two Rivers as a Trail community
• Been a regular Saunters contributor
• Actively led or co-founded three separate chapters over the years
• Helped with Farm Technology Days as a leader
• Provided important assets to our mobile app; Mammoth Tracks
• Possesses an unbridled energy
• Dedicated to being a 1,000 miler
I know I’ve missed many things, but the greatest attribute of Dolly is that of a great ambassador for the Trail and the Alliance.”
Dolly McNulty 2018 Spirit Stick award recipient. Photo by C&J Photography, Sheboygan, WI