We have lots of upcoming hikes and activities planned, making it easy for you to get outside, enjoy glorious fall color, and log your miles as part of the Challenge.
Get these events on your calendar and enjoy new levels of fun as you achieve 41 in 2021!
Friday, OCTOBER 1:
- Dane County: Check a Trail Community off your list as you enjoy live music, pumpkin chucking, high-fiving Monty, and more at Verona’s Fall Fest.
Saturday, OCTOBER 2:
- Polk County: Immerse yourself in hummocky landscape and basalt bedrock outcroppings during this 4-mile hike along the Straight Lake Segment. A potluck follows.
- Chippewa County: Experience the colors, smells, and sights of fall on the Ice Age Trail at the annual Parade of Colors hike.
- Langlade County: Experience a 5-mile round trip hike along the Kettlebowl Segment and see the glacial feature known as the Big Stone Hole.
- Waupaca County: Hike the lovely forested and hilly terrain of the Hartman Creek Segment and support the Waupaca/Portage County Chapter’s Hike-A-Thon.
- Southern Columbia County: Wander the charming and historic streets of Lodi on a family-friendly outing with local guides to escort you.
- Waukesha County: Shop, dine, and wine (or brew) as you tick off a Trail Community visit with Delafield’s Wine Walk & Brew Fest.
Sunday, OCTOBER 3:
Monday, OCTOBER 4:
- Anywhere: Join Ice Age Trail Alliance staff via Zoom to learn about the interactive hiker resource map, including Trail Alerts, and helpful details embedded in the Guthooks’ mobile app.
Thursday, OCTOBER 7:
- Dane County: Learn more about the Ice Age National Scenic Trail – its history, significance, and story – including resources to plan your journey and scratch that hiking itch.
Saturday, OCTOBER 9:
- Southern Columbia County: Delight in autumn beauty along the Gibraltar Rock Segment with an 8-mile run or 2 or 4-mile run/walk.
- Waukesha County: Hike Eagle, Scuppernong, Waterville, or Lapham Peak Segments, and afterwards, bring a dish to pass at the Waukesha/Milwaukee County Chapter potluck.
Sunday, OCTOBER 10:
Wednesday, OCTOBER 13:
- Rock County: Enjoy the family-friendly StoryWalk presented by the Milton Public Library from October 13 – October 17 along the Storr’s Lake Segment “candlelight hike” path.
- Waukesha County: Hang out in Trail Community Delafield while welcoming Backpacker Radio to Wisconsin. Enjoy cold beer, warm cheese curds, Trail talk, giveaways and raffles.
Friday, OCTOBER 15:
- Dane County: Enjoy a cold Hop Haus Brewing beer and get a behind-the-scenes peek into Backpacker Radio’s live podcast at this hiker meet-up.
Saturday, OCTOBER 16:
- Washington County: Enjoy peak color as you amble through the Otten Preserve on this hike along the Kewaskum Segment followed by a grill-out.
- Manitowoc County: Visit the Trail Community of Manitowoc as you enjoy this 2.6-mile hike beginning at Schuette Park.
Sunday, OCTOBER 17:
Wednesday, OCTOBER 20:
- Southern Columbia County: Delight in a low-key, family-friendly saunter along the Lodi Marsh Segment as you hike under the light of a full moon.
Saturday, OCTOBER 23:
Thanks to Duluth Trading Company for sponsoring the Mammoth Challenge 2021 and for the generous support from Travel Wisconsin.