- This event has passed.
2022 Dane County Chapter Hike-A-Thon
October 15, 2022 @ 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Join the Dane County Chapter on Saturday, October 15, 2022 for the annual Dane County Hike-A-Thon!
Choose between 2 hike options:
- A 20-mile hike from the Cross Plains Segment to the Verona Segment
- A 4.5-mile hike on the Madison and Verona Segments
See below for hike details!
Either way, you’ll get a shuttle, refreshments, some swag, and you’ll get closer to completing the Mammoth Hike Challenge!
We ask that each Hike-a-Thon participant make a personal gift of $50 or more per hiker. Children 12 and under are free!
You can also support a hiker! The 3 hikers who receive the most support will receive either a Granite Gear backpack or a World Famous Tent donated by Fontana Sports. Use the registration link to support!
All proceeds from the Hike-A-Thon will go towards the Dane County Land Protection Fund, which allows quick action when a land protection opportunity arises, providing funds to pay for critical, time-sensitive costs related to land acquisition, such as appraisals, land surveys, and other fees.
All participants will receive a $10 gift card to Fontana Sports, a shuttle from their car to the start of the hike, and refreshments during and after the hike.
20-Mile Hikers: Meet at Badger Prairie Park Shelter #1 at 7:45 am for check in.
- The bus will leave promptly at 8:00 am and shuttle hikers to the west end of the Cross Plains Segment at Hickory Hill.
- Hikers will then walk the Cross Plains, Valley View, Madison Segments, a part of the Verona Segment and all associated connector routes.
4.5-Mile Hikers: Meet at the Badger Prairie Park Shelter #1 at 12:45 pm for check in.
- The bus will leave promptly at 1:00 pm and shuttle hikers to the parking lot at University Ridge Golf Course.
- Hikers will then walk portions of the Madison and Verona segments.
LOCATION: Badger Prairie County Park, Link to Google map
PARKING: Badger Prairie Park Shelter #1, Link to location on Hiker Resource map
After your hike, join Dane County Chapter volunteers at the Badger Prairie Park Shelter #1 for refreshments, door prizes, and exchanging of hiking stories.
Make plans to enjoy local businesses in the our Trail Community of Verona.
The Ice Age Trail Alliance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Your gift as part of this event is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Thank you sponsors for supporting the Dane County Hike-A-Thon: