- This event has passed.
2023 OutWiGo Green
May 13 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$5
Join the Ice Age Trail Alliance, Wisconsin State Park staff, and a multitude of other partners for a day of adventure, learning and celebrating in the outdoors. OutWiGo Green is a unique outdoor recreation and conservation event in Wisconsin’s beautiful Kettle Moraine State Forest – Southern Unit. From group hikes, bike rides, paddling, rock climbing, nature crafts and more, this day of fun is fit for OutWiGo-Getters of all ages, experience levels and abilities. Bring friends and family, or fly solo.
OutWiGo Green will be held a three primary locations within the Kettle Moraine State Forest – Southern Unit. The Ice Age Trail Alliance will have a booth and presentations at:
- Ottawa Lake Recreation Area (Physical Address: S59 W36630, County Rd ZZ, Dousman, WI 53118)
- Scuppernong Trailhead (Physical Address: S58 W35820 County ZZ, Dousman, WI 53118)
SCHEDULE OF ICE AGE TRAIL ALLIANCE EVENTS
Scuppernong Trailhead: Ongoing Activities
- Ice Age Trail Alliance tent with maps, brochures, bandanas and stickers
- Decorate your own walking stick (first come, first serve and available while supplies last)
- Building a Boardwalk Demo
- Trail maintenance Tool Display
Scuppernong Trailhead Hikes
- 10:30 am – 12:30 pm: Exploring and Enjoying the Ice Age Trail (4-mile hike)
- 11:00 am – 12:00 pm: Exploring and Enjoying the Ice Age Trail (2-mile hike with Drew Hanson, WI DNR)
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Tyke Hike: Enjoy a slower paced hike along the Ice Age Trail with a family-friendly seek and find scavenger hunt. (approximate 1.5 miles)
- 1:30 – 2:30 pm: Tyke Hike: Enjoy a slower paced hike along the Ice Age Trail with a family-friendly seek and find scavenger hunt. (approximate 1.5 miles)
Scuppernong Trailhead Presentations
- 10:30 am – 12:00 pm: Ice Age Trail Alliance Members Only Pack Shakedown with Arlette Laan
- 11:00 am: Trailbuilding and maintenance demo
- 2:00 pm: Trailbuilding and maintenance demo
- 2:30 – 4:00 pm: Intro to Backpacking & Pack Shakedown
FEATURE PRESENTATION at Ottawa Lake Recreation Area
1:00 – 2:00 pm: Becoming a Thousand Miler
Panel presentation of recent hikers who finished the Ice Age National Scenic Trail and became Thousand Milers, including Arlette “Apple Pie” Laan. Arlette is the first woman to finish ALL ELEVEN National Scenic Trails.
Ottawa Lake Recreation Area Hikes
- 11:30 am – 12:30 pm: Spring Flower Hike – Scuppernong Springs Nature Trail
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm: Spring Flower Hike – Scuppernong Springs Nature Trail
Admission to the event is $5 for adults ages 18 and older. Participants under 18 are admitted at no cost.
A vehicle admission sticker is required on all vehicles in the state forest. Daily or annual stickers can be purchased. We encourage buying an annual sticker in advance. For more information about stickers and rates, see vehicle admission stickers.
Some activities require pre-registration and may charge a fee.
Food and beverages will be available for purchase from local food trucks.