- This event has passed.
RECONNECT: Central Moraines Chapter – Trail Improvement Day
July 18 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Central Moraines area volunteers are moving forward with corridor clearing and related activities in preparation for the anticipated construction and opening of new trail on the reimagined Ringle Segment.
Crews of 2-3 will fan out to cut back foliage and grub out stumps, and ready the corridor for tread construction later in the year.
Bring your own food & water. There will be no bathrooms on site. We will be approx. 1.5 miles from the trailhead.
Volunteers in Parks and COVID-19 Safety Information:
- Please complete this COVID-19 OF-301A Fillable Form.The National Park Service (NPS) requires every volunteer to complete a COVID-19 OF-301A Volunteer Service Agreement, whether you are a new IATA volunteer or a returning volunteer who has not yet filled out the post-March 24, 2020 version of this form.
- Please email the completed form to Dan Watson, NPS Volunteer Coordinator, ([email protected]). Dan will reply to you with a signed copy of the form.
Please read through these documents as they provide additional safety guidelines:
- A Cover Letter from Eric Gabriel, Superintendent[PDF]
- IATR-VIP Risk Assessment Tool[PDF]
- Covid19Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)[PDF]
What to expect/what to bring/what to wear:
- We will have a physically-distanced, COVID-aware work site;
- Tools, and equipment will be provided; (You may bring your own loppers / folding saw / rogue hoe / pick mattock if you have them & prefer.)
- Bring your own food and water; 2 quarts of water minimum, lunch in the field.
- boots preferred; closed-toe shoes and socks required;
- long pants;
- long or short-sleeved shirt (suggest both);
- leather work gloves;
- hat (optional, but recommended);
- hand sanitizer;
- sunscreen and bug spray.
- Face mask