- This event has passed.
Clover Valley Segment Boardwalk Construction
August 24, 2017 @ 8:00 am - August 26, 2017 @ 4:00 pm
Notice: This event registration has reached it’s capacity. Contact [email protected] with questions.
At this MSC Mini event, a perennial wet area will be remedied – with your help – by constructing about 300 feet of elevated boardwalk in this State Ice Age Trail Area.
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities. The IATA provides food, tools, and campsites free to all who volunteer.
See a map of the project area [PDF]
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. Work begins on Thursday, Aug. 24, and concludes Saturday, Aug. 26. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.