- This event has passed.
Dane County Chapter – Savanna Shrub Clearing
August 23, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join us to remove re-invading shrubs and sumac from our goat prairies while enjoying the summer blooming wildflowers on the center bluff full of summer blooming wildflowers. We will also scan the woods for Japanese hedge parsley.
Where: Center bluff portion of Lodi Marsh. While meeting at the Robertson trailhead, some of us will drive into the farm lane on the newish yellow-blazed trail exit onto Lodi-Springfield further south.
Volunteers in Parks and COVID-19 Safety Information:
- Please complete this COVID-19 OF-301A Fillable Form. The National Park Service (NPS) requires every volunteer to complete a COVID-19 OF-301A Volunteer Service Agreement, whether you are a new IATA volunteer or a returning volunteer who has not yet filled out the post-March 24, 2020 version of this form.
- Please email the completed form to Dan Watson, NPS Volunteer Coordinator, ([email protected]). Dan will reply to you with a signed copy of the form.
Please read through these documents as they provide additional safety guidelines:
- A Cover Letter from Eric Gabriel, Superintendent [PDF]
- IATR-VIP Risk Assessment Tool [PDF]
- Covid19Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) [PDF]
What to expect/what to bring/what to wear:
- We will have a physically-distanced, COVID-aware work site. >10 ft. spacing between participants is expected.
- All hand tools will be provided.
- Brush cutters would be appreciated.
- Bring your own 5-gallon bucket to collect ripe invasive-plant seeds
- Note: It is mosquito & tick season.
- If rain is threatening, we typically still work. But, if the work day is postponed because of bad weather, the event leaders will email you.
Please dress for weeding:
- boots preferred; closed-toe shoes and socks required
- long or short-sleeved shirt (bring both)
- leather work gloves
- leather work gloves
- face mask (have it available if needed)
- drinking water (minimum of 1 liter)
- hand sanitizer
- morning snack
- lunch if you’re planning to stay past noon
Please RSVP so I have herbicide and tools for you. Come for a few hours or for the day.