Hike-A-Thon – Central Moraines Chapter
September 25 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm$20.00
Celebrate the Central Moraines Chapter’s 3rd Annual Hike-A-Thon
Join hikers, friends, family and colleagues for a great time exploring the Ice Age National Scenic Trail in Marathon County and help raise funds to conserve, create, maintain, and promote this national treasure.
Participants will hike on the popular Dells of the Eau Claire Segment of the Ice Age Trail, near Aniwa in northcentral Wisconsin. Build your own round trip hike or choose one of these exciting options:
- Self-paced hike along the Dells Segment from beach-side shelter to CTH Z and back, then (to complete the entire segment) to Sportsman Drive & back (5.2 miles total – 2.6 each way)
- Guided loop hike along the Ice Age Trail and selected park trails (slightly less than 2 miles). This hike, open to the first 25 hikers who registered for it, is full. Please sign up for the self-paced hike instead.
Supporting the Ice Age Trail
Our goal is to raise $4,000 to support the work of the Central Moraines Chapter of the Ice Age Trail Alliance.
- Suggested minimum donation: $20.00 (a tax-deductible gift) per adult participant, or collect a minimum donation of $20 through pledges. (Alliance-member price)
- Individuals not currently members of the Ice Age Trail Alliance can donate at least an additional $30 to have the option of a one-year Alliance membership.
- Hikers under age 18 hike free when accompanied by an adult.
Registration is Closed
- An event day update will be emailed to all participants prior to Saturday, September 25, 2021.
- Breakfast foods, grab and go snacks, and water will be available to hikers throughout the event.
- Sign in will be at the open shelter near the park’s beach parking area (park map).
- The guided hike will depart from the sign in area at 10 am, with sign in anytime between 8 am and 10 am.
- Self-paced hikers can sign in anytime between 8 am and 12 pm.
- Sign-out for all hikers is by 3:00 pm.
The Dells of the Eau Claire County Park is located on Marathon County Y, about 20 miles northeast of Wausau.
Thank you to these area business sponsors for their generous support of our 2021 Hike-A-Thon!
We will follow, and expect all participants to follow, Covid 19 and variants CDC guidelines in effect at the time of the event.
In the event of severe or threatening weather, for safety reasons, we may need to cancel this event last minute. If this happens, we will be unable to refund donations.
Pets are welcome but must be on leash and under control at all times.