- This event has passed.
IAT-U Virtual: How an Idea Becomes Ice Age Trail – The Corridor
November 15, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
A ribbon-cutting ceremony at a newly completed segment may well be 20-plus years in the making. Come learn what it takes to turn a good idea into miles of sustainable tread.
Join the Trail Team and guests from the National Parks Service to learn about the county-by-county process of establishing a statewide IAT corridor. Some of the questions we’ll answer include:
- What counties have an established corridor?
- What counties are in the queue?
- What are the benefits of establishing a statewide corridor? How long does it take?
We’ll pull back the curtain on the behind-the-scenes processes that help make the Ice Age Trail a reality!
This is the first in a three-part series:
- 11/15: The Corridor (described above)
- 12/14: Land Acquisition and Property Usage
- 01/18: Trail Planning and Development