- This event has passed.
Ice Age Trail University
June 28 @ 8:00 am - July 1 @ 12:00 pm
Dig into the back-to-basics skills that are fundamental to the Trails purpose and success. Tread construction, Stonework, Thinking Beyond the Blaze, Trail Eyes…course details below.
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities. The IATA provides food, tools, and campsites free to all who volunteer.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. Classes begins on Thursday, June 28, and conclude Sunday, July 1. Activities begin each day around 8:30 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 pm.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.