- This event has passed.
Lakeshore Chapter–Manitowoc-Two Rivers Trail Communities Celebration
August 5 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
On Saturday, August 5, we will be celebrating the new Manitowoc-Two Rivers Trail Communities! “Trail Communities” are cities who agree to promote the Ice Age National Scenic Trail, and we agree to promote the cities as destinations.
There will be a designation celebration with local dignitaries beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 5, 2017, at the wayside with the rest rooms where Woodland Dr. intersects Memorial Drive across from the Aurora Medical Center complex, 5000 Memorial Dr, Two Rivers, WI 54241.
Bring friends and relatives because after the ceremony, there will be free transportation/tours:
- Cultural attractions (Rahr West Museum, West of Lake Gardens, and the Wisconsin Maritime Museum (discounted admission)) led by Cheryl Gorsuch
- ColdCache hike led by Dolly McNulty
- Birding hike led by Jim Knicklebine, Executive Director of Woodland Dunes
- Photography hike led by Nate Haban, Haban Media Works
- Tyke Hike at the Neshotah Beach led by Dan Mitchell