- This event has passed.
RECONNECT: Lodi Valley Chapter – Trail Improvement Day
July 25 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Greetings Trail Friends!
Our next Trail Improvement event is Saturday, July 25th, at 9:00 am. We will focus on cleaning up brush (the evil buckthorn!), replace and improve the signage, and repair some tread around the Rainbow Bridge and the short segment of Ice Age Trail that runs to Strangeway Drive.
Meet at the Lodi Community Pool parking area on the east side of Lodi High School, 1100 Sauk Street, at 9:00 am. We will work for two or three hours. Help out for as little or as long as you like.
We will use loppers and handsaws to clear brush and other vegetation that is growing into the Trail corridor, as well as pick-mattocks, McClouds, and shovels to improve the tread. All tools will be provided – just bring your muscles! There are also a number of other short signage tasks to be completed along the City of Lodi Segment.
We’ll take appropriate social distancing measures to help all of us stay safe as we work together on the Ice Age Trail.Please plan to wear a mask when gathering at the event location, meeting fellow volunteers, and as you and the Crew Leader deem appropriate for the task you will be doing and your proximity to others. We will sanitize tools throughout the event. (Or, conversely: There will be no exchanging of tools unless with a member of the same household.)
Volunteers in Parks and COVID-19 Safety Information:
- We’re excited to have you join us, however, please know the symptoms of the coronavirus and be prepared to STAY HOME if you exhibit any of them. Please visit the CDC website and view the symptoms listed there. Consider using the Self-Checker, an interactive guide, located mid-way down the page, which can help you make your decision. Go there now.
- Please complete this COVID-19 OF-301A Fillable Form.
- The National Park Service (NPS) requires every volunteer to complete a COVID-19 OF-301A Volunteer Service Agreement, whether you are a new IATA volunteer or a returning volunteer who has not yet filled out the post-March 24, 2020 version of this form.
- Please email the completed form to Dan Watson, NPS Volunteer Coordinator, ([email protected]).
- Dan will reply to you with a signed copy of the form.
Please read through these documents as they provide additional safety guidelines:
- A Cover Letter from Eric Gabriel, Superintendent[PDF]
- IATR-VIP Risk Assessment Tool[PDF]
- Covid19Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)[PDF]
Along with an energetic attitude, please bring the following items to add comfort and safety to your volunteer experience:
- A mask
- Leather gloves
- Hefty shoes
- Long sleeves
- Hand sanitizer
- Bug spray and sunscreen
We’re excited to have you join us!
Questions? Contact Bill at 843-3926 or [email protected]