- This event has passed.
RECONNECT: Lodi Valley Chapter Trail Improvement Event
August 15, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Greetings, Trail Friends!
Join us as we continue our work from January corridor clearing along the railroad right-of-way along Hwy 113. We’ll also work to maintain and sustain tread as we create water diversions to reduce and eliminate erosion.
We will use pick-mattocks, axes, pry bars, loppers, and McClouds.
Parking and Gathering info: Meet at 9 am at the south Merrimac Ferry Wayside on Hwy 113. For directions visit: https://goo.gl/maps/5SdNk
Event Precautions: We’ll take appropriate social distancing measures to help all of us stay safe as we work together on the Ice Age Trail.
- Please plan to wear a mask when gathering at the event location, meeting fellow volunteers, and as you and the Crew Leader deem appropriate for the task you will be doing and your proximity to others.
- We will sanitize tools throughout the event. (Or, conversely: There will be no exchanging of tools unless with a member of the same household.)
Volunteers in Parks and COVID-19 Safety Information:
- We’re excited to have you join us, however, please know the symptoms of the coronavirus and be prepared to STAY HOME if you exhibit any of them. Please visit the CDC website and view the symptoms listed there. Consider using the Self-Checker, an interactive guide, located mid-way down the page, which can help you make your decision. Go there now.
- Please complete this COVID-19 OF-301A Fillable Form.
- The National Park Service (NPS) requires every volunteer to complete a COVID-19 OF-301A Volunteer Service Agreement, whether you are a new IATA volunteer or a returning volunteer who has not yet filled out the post-March 24, 2020 version of this form.
- Please email the completed form to Dan Watson, NPS Volunteer Coordinator, ([email protected]).
- Dan will reply to you with a signed copy of the form.
Please read through these documents as they provide additional safety guidelines:
- A Cover Letter from Eric Gabriel, Superintendent[PDF]
- IATR-VIP Risk Assessment Tool[PDF]
- Covid19Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)[PDF]
Along with an energetic attitude, please bring the following items to add comfort and safety to your volunteer experience:
- A mask
- Leather gloves
- Hefty shoes
- Long sleeves
- Hand sanitizer
- Bug spray and sunscreen
We’re excited to have you join us!
Questions? Contact Bill at 843-3926 or [email protected]