- This event has passed.
Mobile Skills Crew Trailbuilding Event – Old Railroad Segment, Langlade County
October 9, 2018 @ 8:00 am - October 14, 2018 @ 12:00 pm
This event is all-hands-on-deck & a HUGE opportunity! Please join us and help reroute and reimagine nearly 10 miles of the Ice Age Trail. This is the first MSC event to occur in the gargantuan tableau of Langlade County and promises to be fun for all.
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities. The IATA provides food, tools, and campsites free to all who volunteer.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. Work begins on Tuesday, October 9, and concludes Sunday, October 14. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. On Sunday, work ends by noon.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.