Mobile Skills Crew Regional Boardwalk Construction, Eagle Segment
October 26 @ 8:00 am - October 28 @ 5:00 pm
Sorry, this event has reached capacity for the scope of work planned. Registration is closed.
At this MSC Mini project, help complete 775 feet of boardwalk construction on this very popular, heavily used section of trail.
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities. The IATA provides food, tools, and campsites free to all who volunteer.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. Work begins on Thursday, Oct 26, and concludes Saturday, Oct. 28. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.