- This event has passed.
Mobile Skills Crew Trailbuilding Event – Boardwalk Construction! Holy Hill Segment
February 5 @ 8:30 am - February 8 @ 4:00 pm
High water in 2018 and a Polar Vortex in 2019 chilled efforts to build 574 feet of sorely needed elevated boardwalk. Weather dependent and sure to excite. BONUS – Saturday, the Winter Rendezvous returns!!
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities. The IATA will provide lunch in the field and limited indoor heated and unheated space overnight for multi-day volunteers. A four bedroom ranger house and several unheated rustic cabins will be available on a first come basis.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. Work begins on Wednesday, February 5, and concludes Saturday, February 8 by noon. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:30 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. On Saturday, work ends by noon.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.