- This event has passed.
Mobile Skills Crew Trailbuilding Event – Bohn Lake Segment, Waushara County
September 18, 2019 @ 8:00 am - September 22, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
A favorite hike in Central Wisconsin grows to new lengths. We’re adding nearly three quarters of a mile of new Trail, extending a loop trail at the well loved Bohn Lake Segment, and improving access to the Mecan River Segment.
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities. The IATA provides food, tools, and campsites free to all who volunteer.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. Work begins on Wednesday, September 18, and concludes Sunday, September 22. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. On Sunday, work ends by noon.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.