Reconnect: Mobile Skills Crew Trailbuilding Event – LaBudde Creek Segment
August 20 @ 8:00 am - August 23 @ 12:00 pm
“Buddy” is a quiet gem whose features grow on you with each visit. Join in and build 150 feet of boardwalk, tune-up 3 miles of trail, hop on a satellite crew for a special assignment or maybe…just maybe…glimpse the future with new trail development planned to the north.
- Project support and camping availability will be announced closer to the event.
- New this year, all volunteers must fill out a new Covid-19 301a Volunteer Agreement (click here to download PDF).
- An updated Job Hazard Analysis is available for download here (PDF).
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. The project begins on Thursday, August 20 and concludes Sunday, August 23. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. On Sunday, work ends by noon.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries. Stay tuned for updates to Base Camp and project support as they are available.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.