- This event has passed.
Mobile Skills Crew Trailbuilding Event – Ringle Segment, Marathon County
August 13, 2019 @ 8:00 am - August 18, 2019 @ 12:00 pm
The opening of the reimagined Ringle Segment takes another step forward as we connect and open-for-business recently constructed sections. Boardwalk, stonework, signage, and tread builders wanted!
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities. The IATA provides food, tools, and campsites free to all who volunteer.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. Work begins on Tuesday, August 13, and concludes Sunday, August 18. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. On Sunday, work ends by noon.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.