Mobile Skills Crew Trailbuilding Event – Montrose Segment
May 19 @ 8:00 am - May 21 @ 4:00 pm
A vital connection in southern Dane County needs you. Help build 350 feet of boardwalk and fine-tune more than 2 miles of Trail.
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities. The IATA provides food, tools, and campsites free to all who volunteer.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. The project begins on Tuesday, May 19 and concludes Thursday, May 21. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.