- This event has passed.
Mobile Skills Crew Trailbuilding Event, Walla Hi Segment
September 13, 2017 @ 8:00 am - September 17, 2017 @ 12:00 pm
The above link is to our general registration system. Alliance members may also register via our new member-account system (click here to log in). Using the account you can easily register for events, manage your contact info, and renew your membership. NOTE: If you have not yet established your login info (or forgotten it) you can enter your email address to start the process.
At this MSC Mammoth event, help build a brand NEW 2.1 mile segment at the northern end of the mighty Kettle Moraine at this blockbuster event. This event would make Bob Marshall proud; and will encompass a broad range of activities over the course of 4 days at Walla Hi County Park, in southwestern Manitowoc County.
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities. The IATA provides food, tools, and campsites free to all who volunteer.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. Work begins on Wednesday, Sept. 13, and concludes Sunday, Sept. 17. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. On Sunday, work ends by noon.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.