Reconnect: Mobile Skills Crew Trailbuilding Event – Washington County
September 17 @ 8:00 am - September 20 @ 12:00 pm
Recovery continues! This event ranges wide to include the West Bend, Kewaskum and Holy Hill segments. Goals include new boardwalk construction, building new and improving existing trail.
- Project support and camping availability will be announced closer to the event.
- New this year, all volunteers must fill out a new Covid-19 301a Volunteer Agreement (click here to download PDF).
- An updated Job Hazard Analysis is available for download here (PDF).
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. The project begins on Thursday, September 17 and concludes Sunday, September 20. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. On Sunday, work ends by noon.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries. Stay tuned for updates to Base Camp and project support plans.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.