Mobile Skills Crew Trailbuilding Event – Wildcard! Ringle Segment
October 16 @ 8:00 am - October 20 @ 12:00 pm
We’re returning to the Ringle Segment for the 1-2-3-Fourth time this year, working towards opening another piece of the re-imagined Segment. We’ll be focusing on creating a few important stone/rock crossings and creating our signature four-step tread across a mile plus of new trail.
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities. The IATA provides food, tools, and campsites free to all who volunteer.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. Work begins on Wednesday, October 16, and concludes Sunday, October 20. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. On Sunday, work ends by noon.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.