- This event has passed.
RECONNECT: Lakeshore Chapter – Pre-Project Cutting and Assembly for LaBudde Creek Segment Boardwalk
August 5, 2020 @ 9:00 am - August 6, 2020 @ 4:00 pm
We are joining forces with members of the Lakeshore Chapter to assist with pre-project preparation for the Reconnect: Mobile Skills Crew Trailbuilding Event – LaBudde Creek Segment on August 20 – 23.
What: Small teams will cut lumber and assemble frames for the more than 300 feet of boardwalk to be installed along the LaBudde Creek Segment. If time permits, site prep, and the staging of materials will also be part of these work days
Bring your own food and water and camping equipment. There will be no base camp, but there are numerous campgrounds in the area.
When: Wednesday, August 5 and Thursday, August 6; 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM (each day).
Where: TBD – stay tuned!
Project capacity: 20 volunteers
Register: email Dave Caliebe – [email protected].
Volunteers in Parks and COVID-19 Safety Information:
- We’re excited to have you join us, however, please know the symptoms of the coronavirus and be prepared to STAY HOME if you exhibit any of them. Please visit the CDC website and view the symptoms listed there. Consider using the Self-Checker, an interactive guide, located mid-way down the page, which can help you make your decision. Go there now.
- Please complete this COVID-19 OF-301A Fillable Form. The National Park Service (NPS) requires every volunteer to complete a COVID-19 OF-301A Volunteer Service Agreement, whether you are a new IATA volunteer or a returning volunteer who has not yet filled out the post-March 24, 2020 version of this form.
- Please email the completed form to Dan Watson, NPS Volunteer Coordinator, ([email protected]). Dan will reply to you with a signed copy of the form.
Please read through these documents as they provide additional safety guidelines:
- A Cover Letter from Eric Gabriel, Superintendent[PDF]
- IATR-VIP Risk Assessment Tool[PDF]
- Covid19Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)[PDF]
What to expect/what to bring/what to wear:
- We will have a physically-distanced, COVID-aware work site;
- Tools, equipment, and PPE will be provided;
- Bring your own food and water and camping equipment;
- boots preferred; closed-toe shoes and socks required;
- long pants;
- long or short-sleeved shirt (bring both);
- leather work gloves;
- hat (optional);
- leather work gloves;
- hand sanitizer;
- sunscreen and bug spray.