- This event has passed.
This Land is Your Land: National Public Lands Day Hike with the Walworth/Jefferson County Chapter.
September 26, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
In recognition of National Public Lands Day, the the Ice Age Trail Alliance will sponsor a free 2, 5, or 7-mile guided hike on September 26 as an introduction to Wisconsin’s 1200+ mile Ice Age National Scenic Trail. Roughly following the southernmost edge of the last glaciation, this narrow primitive trail travels through some of the most dramatic and varied terrain in the state.
You can choose to hike 2, 5, or 7 miles!
Two-mile or Seven-mile Hikers:
- Meet at 9:00 am at the Esterly Road Ice Age Trail parking lot for a varied and scenic two-mile hike along the eskers, ending at Highway 12.
- After a short break (with snacks and water), the two-mile hikers will be shuttled back to the starting point. Do to the Coved 19 Virus we will not be shuttling. it will be an out & back
- Those hiking seven miles will continue to the end point at the Oleson cabin where you will be shuttled back to your vehicle.Do to the Virus we will not be hiking to the cabin. We will continue around the lake & then back to Esterly Rd .
- Join us at the Highway 12 Ice Age Trail trailhead parking lot by 9:45 am to join those hiking on to the historic Oleson cabin.
- This section of trail features dramatic long-range views, a lake, and colorful prairies — followed by challenging hills, a pine woods, and a series of ponds and springs.
- Five-mile hikers and seven-mile hikers who parked at Esterly Road or Highway 12 will be driven back to their cars by chapter volunteers.
Bring your own Water.
Family Hikes! The Family Hikes are canceled because of the coved 19 virus.