- This event has passed.
Walk-the-Waush Challenge, Waushara County Chapter
June 1 - September 3
Challenge yourself, family, friends, and co-workers to lace up their walking shoes and cover as many miles as you can between June 1 and September 3 and earn a hiking patch!
To encourage healthy activities for both mind and body and explore Waushara County’s beautiful parks and trails.
About the Challenge:
Hike 3 or more trails and log 10 or more miles to receive a 2022 Walk-the-Waush patch. The Challenge is open to walkers, runners, and hikers of all ages and abilities.
All participants should record their mileage on their own Walk-the-Waush Log Sheet [download Google doc].
View and or download the Walk Waushara Trail Map Book [PDF] to help you select hiking trails for participating and completing the Challenge.
Challenge Patch Levels:
Navigator: 100+ miles
Adventurer: 75+ miles
Backpacker: 50+ miles
Explorer: 25+ miles
Hiker: 10+ miles
Register In-Person at these locations:
- Wautoma Public Library, 410 W. Main Street
- Coloma Public Library, 155 N. Front Street
- Patterson Memorial Library, 500 Division Street, Wild Rose
- Waushara County Health Department, 230 W. Park Street, Wautoma
Additional Challenge Events to Get You Out Hiking!
- Saturday, June 4th: National Trails Day Group Hike on the Greenwood Segment of the Ice Age Trail from 12PM-3PM.
- Saturday, July 9th: Sunrise Yoga & Group Hike at Mt. Morris Trail. Meet at sunrise.
- Saturday, July 16th: Wildflower Hike at Bannerman Trail, Redgranite. Meet at 11AM.
- Saturday, September 3rd: Celebratory 5K fun run/walk at Bannerman Trail in Redgranite. Meet at 9AM.
For more information, contact: