- This event has passed.
Waukesha/Milwaukee Chapter National Trails Day
June 3, 2017Free
Join us for a day of excitement on National Trails Day in Delafield on June 3! There will be a celebration of the City of Delafield’s new status as a Ice Age Trail Community and hikes in honor of the American Hiking Society’s National Trails Day. The day will begin at 9:00 AM at Liberty Park in Delafield. Liberty Park is located behind the Delafield Municipal Lot on Main Street.
Hikers will have three options: a 4-mile trail hike at Lapham Peak State Park (with free shuttle to the trailhead), a 2-mile city stroll (accessible and paved) or a 1-mile Tyke Hike for families with young children (accessible and paved). Those going on the 4-mile hike should plan to wear comfortable shoes/hiking boots and bring water, sunscreen and bug spray. There will be no park entry fee on National Trails Day.
Many other activities will be part of the day including:
- A ribbon-cutting ceremony with presentations by the Mayor, Chief of Police and representatives of the Ice-Age Trail, National Park Service and others.
- Animals from Wildlife in Need
- A performance by elementary school children
- A cork boat “race” sponsored by Clear Water Outdoors
- The Farmer’s Market, a used book sale by the library and sidewalk sales
- And more!
Come for the fun!