- This event has passed.
Waushara County Chapter’s Candlelight Hike – Covid Style
February 19 @ 7:00 am - February 21 @ 7:00 pmFree
This past year, our dedicated volunteers were hard at work maintaining 25 miles of Ice Age Trail in the county, in preparation of spring and hosting family-friendly seasonal hikes and events, to promote the trail and raise revenue. Unfortunately, Covid-19 had other plans for us. In the best interest of our volunteers and attendees, the chapter chose to cancel all guided hikes and in-person events into 2021. Hence, a Candlelight Hike – COVID Style was created!
The Waushara Co. Chapter of the Ice Age Trail invites you and your family to hike, cross-country ski or snowshoe Waushara’s unique landscape on its Ice Age Trail system. Gather the family and/or your sweetheart, on Saturday, February 20th, for an evening of outdoor adventure. Watch for the luminaries at the trailheads. You can also enter a “Candlelight” Photo Contest. Of course, we could not leave out our signature rustic-themed fundraiser. Beginning on Friday, February 19th at 7:00AM through Sunday, February 21st at 7:00PM, get comfy, we’re bringing you our “Rustic Silent Auction” to enjoy in your own home!
All proceeds go to maintaining the Ice Age Trail in Waushara County.
Sneak peek of “Rustic Silent Auction” ~ Rustic Log Bench/Table (above), Intarsia Wall Hanging, Ski Coat Rack, Poplar Turned Bowl, and more!
How to participate in the “Rustic Silent Auction”:
Begins Friday, February 19th through Sunday, February 21st
- Follow the link to get started and begin Viewing All Items:
- Ready to bid. Enter your name, email and a password.
- Check your inbox for a Confirmation email. Click Confirm.
- Start the bidding! Share the link with family and friends.
Enter our “Candlelight” Photo Contest:
Saturday, February 20th
- Watch for luminaries located at segment Trailheads.
- Take a Candlelit Photo
- Submit photo to [email protected] by Sunday, February 21 at 7:00PM.
- Include name, email, phone, segment and description.
- Winner drawn on Monday, February 22 and contacted via email.
Parking Lot conditions & Luminary locations:
- Bohn Lake at 9th Drive – Perfect conditions. Watch for luminaries.
- Bohn Lake at Cty B – Rutted, doable with all wheel drive; challenging with 2 wheel drive. Watch for luminaries.
- Greenwood at Brown Deer – Not plowed but acceptable. Watch for luminaries
- Greenwood at 9th Avenue – Deep snow. Difficult. No luminaries.
- Mecan at 6th – Looks like most people are parking on the road. Watch for luminaries.
- Mecan at Buttercup – No luminaries.
- Mecan at “GG” – No luminaries.
- Mecan at 21- Use at your own risk. No luminaries.
- Deerfield at Beechnut – Parking dangerous. No luminaries.
- Wedde – No luminaries.
- Chaffee – No luminaries
For more details and questions: Contact Chapter Coordinator, Jenny Addis at 715-802-3456 or [email protected].