Submit Your Favorite Ice Age Trail Photos!
Get a FREE 2023 – 2025 edition of the Ice Age Trail Guidebook, if one (or more) of your photo(s) is selected to be featured in it.
What makes the Guidebook so valuable, besides detailed segment-by-segment descriptions and maps, is the high-quality, expressive photographs it contains.
Most of these images were snapped by Trail enthusiasts, wonderfully capturing the beauty of the Trail experience.
How to Participate:
- Submit up to ten of your favorite images via a filesharing program (Dropbox or Google photos are FREE and are preferred) to [email protected] (If you do not use a filesharing program, please attach photos individually, sending them one-by-one to minimize file compression.)
- We request the original file (not cropped or altered with filters). We need as many pixels as possible for print reproduction.
- We welcome a variety of images: general landscape, flowers, and wildlife, and especially attractive subject matter (for our purposes) includes people interacting with and having fun along the Trail. And, if Fido is your hiking companion, please make sure he’s leashed in the photos you submit.
- Bonus: It’s helpful if a yellow blaze is present in the photograph to establish Ice Age Trail identity, but we’re not looking for photos prominently featuring blazes.
- Vertically-oriented photographs are rare, so please send us some of those, too!
- Please label your photos with the following naming convention: Photographer’s name, segment name, county. (i.e.: John.Doe-Table Bluff Segment-Dane County).
What's in it for You?
How ’bout some Love, Love, Love…
If your photograph(s) are selected for use in the 2023-2025 Ice Age Trail Guidebook your name will appear in the photo credits, and you will receive a free copy of the Guidebook, a $30.00 value.
If your photograph(s) are selected for other publication purposes, say an Alliance blog post, your name will appear in the photo credits, and you’ll get the thrill of knowing your photo helped express the key point in a story.
And, yes, lots of LOVE. You will receive our immense appreciation for so generously sharing your love of beauty and of the Trail with us in this way.