Photo by: Justin Helmkamp
Access maps, check out trail conditions, learn what it takes to become a thousand-miler, and get the information you need to enjoy your time on the Ice Age Trail.
Plan your hike from your smartphone. Guthook Guides for iOS and Android feature GPS-enabled Trail maps of the Ice Age Trail, hundreds of waypoints along or near the Trail, including all of our ColdCaches, satellite imagery and more. Since no mobile or internet service is required after initial setup, you can even use them on remote Trail segments.
Apps built through a collaboration between the IATA and the creators of Guthook Guides.
Books and Guides
Get One or All of these Hiker Resources!
The Ice Age Trail Guidebook, Atlas, Databook show the locations on and near the Trail of the available types of camping, making them indispensable resources for Ice Age Trail backpackers. They may be purchased online at our store, or in-person at the IATA Headquarters.
More Resources to Explore
Download updates, important lists, and supplements to our guidebooks.
- Download a spreadsheet with updates and corrections to the Trail [MS Excel] since the date of publication. Updated 7/14/2021
- Download the waypoints for your GPS device [GPX file via Dropbox]. If your device balks at the download, we recommend trying TopoGrafix EasyGPS.
- Download a spreadsheet of the GPS waypoints [MS Excel].
- Download a spreadsheet with camping options on and near the Trail [MS Excel]. Updated 4/23/2021
- Download a Thousand-Miler spreadsheet [MS Excel] for use with the Ice Age Trail Guidebook. Updated 3/31/2021
- Download the poster-sized Thousand-Miler Map and Checklist. Updated 3/30/2021
- Download a list of segments closed or partially closed during hunting season(s) [MS Excel]. Updated 12/3/2020
- Download a spreadsheet with post office information [MS Excel] for long-distance hikers using mail-drops.