A fun way to experience the Ice Age Trail is to participate in our chapters’ hiking award programs or our ColdCache program. If you complete the already-rewarding challenge of hiking the entire Trail, you can also submit an application and join the ranks of official Ice Age Trail Thousand-Milers.
Chapter Hiking Award Programs
Traprock Trekker. Superior Lobetrotter. Hall-of-Kamer. These are just a few of the awards you can earn when you complete all of the Trail miles within a chapter’s geographic area. Visit the chapter pages below to learn more about each award program.
- Traprock Trekkers – Indianhead Chapter
- Superior Lobetrotters – Superior Lobe Chapter
- Glacial Drifters – Baraboo Hills and Lodi Valley chapters
- Dane Drifters – Dane County Chapter
- Walk Across Rock County – Rock County Chapter
- Kettle Trekkers – Walworth/Jefferson County Chapter
- Walk the Wauk – Waukesha/Milwaukee County Chapter
- Meander the Mid-Moraine – Washington/Ozaukee County Chapter
- Hall of Kamers – Lakeshore Chapter
ColdCaching, a form of geocaching, is a fun way to learn about the glacial and other natural features along the Ice Age Trail. Learn more about ColdCaching.
Do you plan on hiking the entire Ice Age Trail? Become a Thousand-Miler so we may honor your feat — and your feet! Visit our Thousand-Miler Recognition page for all the details.