How it works:
- Instead of going to Amazon.com, you will need to go to the AmazonSmile page which is: https://smile.amazon.com/;
- Now, log in like you normally do when you log into your Amazon account;
- Right underneath the Amazon search bar you will see small orange text that says “Supporting: Name of the Organization”;
- If you hover the mouse over the “Supporting: Name of Organization” it will bring up the option to change the charity you are currently supporting, or give you the opportunity to select one. (This may also be an option from your account settings.);
- Amazon will offer you a rotating list of their “spotlight charities” and below that a search bar that says “Or pick your own charitable organization” here is where you can type in “Ice Age Trail Alliance”;
- Click on the “Select” button. Now you are all set to start shopping;
- Amazon gives 0.5% of the purchase price, of whatever you order, to the Ice Age Trail Alliance (for example, a $100.00 purchase earns 50 cents for the Alliance);
- Remember: in order for a charity or organization to benefit from any Amazon shopping you do, you must use the AmazonSmile portal.
The EXTRA good news is this: AmazonSmile purchases benefit charities or organizations ALL year long…not just during the holiday season.