The Ice Age Trail Alliance takes pride in hiring high-quality, motivated individuals dedicated to conserving, creating, maintaining and promoting the Ice Age Trail. Our headquarters, located in Cross Plains, Wisconsin, are a center for collaboration among staff and volunteers.
Summer Ice Age Trail trailbuilding opportunity! June 6, 2022 – August 27, 2022.
A partner organization, the Student Conservation Association, is hiring to fill a total of 5 positions (1 team lead, 4 team members).
The goal of the Ice Age Trail Team will be to work in the Central and Northern Wisconsin segments of Trail. The work will focus on a variety of trailbuilding, maintenance, and stewardship projects. This will include:
• Building trail structures such as boardwalks
• Construction of new trail
• Ongoing maintenance, including corridor clearing and invasive species removal.
Ice Age Trail Team Lead Position: Learn more and apply here.
Ice Age Trail Team Member Positions (4 available): Learn more and apply here.
Applicants are encouraged to apply by April 30.
(However, applicants are reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis, so the earlier the better for applying!)
We’re hiring a Communication Support Specialist through Americorps/VISTA
In tandem with the marketing and communications team, the member will:
- Identify opportunities for tourism along the Ice Age Trail in remote areas of the state, creating itineraries to highlight recreational opportunities and local businesses.
- Create a plan to promote the beauty and charm of northern Trail segments, driving awareness and tourism dollars to economically depressed counties.
- Promote the work and activities of the Ice Age Trail Alliance – trailbuilding projects, outreach events, membership drives, land protection, corporate partnerships, and fundraising initiatives – via Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter by applying best practices (persuasive copy and thoughtful design).
- Boost the Alliance’s presence on TikTok to engage the next generation of volunteers and raise awareness of the Trail.
- Create monthly blog articles, generating content related to hiking, volunteer profiles, etc.
- Member will receive training in using Canva (a graphic design program) and WordPress.
90% office (40 hours a week onsite in Cross Plains, WI)
Living Allowance: Approx. $1,000/month
Education Award: Approx. $6,000
Application deadline: Monday, March 28, 2022 (deadline extended)
We believe in helping the next generation of conservationists gain valuable experience in recreation, land preservation and the nonprofit industry. Unpaid internships are available in our Lands, Trail, and Outreach and Education program areas, usually beginning in the spring.
The Ice Age Trail Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Provider.