Join the Dane County Chapter on Saturday, October 14, 2023 for the annual Dane County Hike-A-Thon!
Choose between 2 hike options:
- A 16-mile hike going south to north on the Montrose Segment and part of the Verona Segment
- A 5-mile hike going south to north on part of the Verona Segment
See below for hike details!
Either way, you’ll get a shuttle, refreshments, some swag, and you’ll get closer to completing the Mammoth Hike Challenge!
We ask that each Hike-a-Thon participant make a personal gift of $50 per individual or 1st member of a household, $25 for 2nd adult in the household. Children under 18 accompanied by an adult are $10.
All proceeds from the Hike-A-Thon will go towards the Dane County Land Protection Fund, which allows quick action when a land protection opportunity arises, providing funds to pay for critical, time-sensitive costs related to land acquisition, such as appraisals, land surveys, and other fees.
All participants will receive a shuttle from their car to the start of the hike, and refreshments during and after the hike.
15-Mile Hikers: Meet at Badger Prairie Park Shelter #1 at 7:30 am for check in.
- The bus will leave promptly at 8:00 am and shuttle hikers to County D along the Montrose Segment for the start of the hike.
- Hikers will then walk the Montrose Segment, a short connector route and part of the Verona Segment ending at Badger Prairie County Park Shelter #1.
5-Mile Hikers: Meet at the Badger Prairie Park Shelter #1 at 11:30 am for check in.
- The bus will leave promptly at 11:45 am and shuttle hikers to the parking lot at Prairie Moraine County Park.
- Hikers will then walk portions of the Verona Segment ending at Badger Prairie County Park Shelter #1.
There will be two aid stations along the with water refills and lots of snacks: Bosco and Prairie Moraine parking lot.
LOCATION: Badger Prairie County Park, Link to Google map
PARKING: Badger Prairie Park Shelter #1, Link to location on Hiker Resource map
After your hike, join Dane County Chapter volunteers at the Badger Prairie Park Shelter #1 for grab and go sandwiches provided by Millers & Sons Grocery, soda, beer, hot apple cider and other drinks, and snacks to refuel after a long hike.
Make plans to enjoy local businesses in the our Trail Community of Verona.
The Ice Age Trail Alliance is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Your gift as part of this event is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Thank you sponsors for supporting the Dane County Hike-A-Thon:
- Miller and Sons Grocery
- Verona Chamber of Commerce