If you notice any problems with the trails in the Lakeshore Chapter area (fallen trees, poor signage, etc.), please call the Ice Age Trail Alliance at 800-227-0046. We will fix the problem!
Upcoming Chapter Hikes
Saturday, July 11, 2020
Bruemmer Park Zoo to Harbor Park, Kewaunee. A one way hike. Start time 9 a.m.
- Meet at the Zoo entrance, parking is available in front of the boulders there. Mack Whitmore will lead the hike. Questions? Contact him at: 920-464-0354 or [email protected]
- Hike distance is about 3.8 miles. We will work out shuttle arrangements at the start of the hike. The end of the hike will be in front of the Tug in Harbor Park.
- The hike will be on a portion of the Ice Age Trail shared with the Ahanapee State Trail. It will be relatively flat with easy hiking. The hike will take about two hours. Expect hot, sunny weather. We will pace ourselves and take breaks as needed.
- We will practice social distancing while hiking. Restrooms are open at the beginning and end of the hike. Bring a hat, sun block, water and mosquito repellent
Saturday, August 15, 2020
East Twin River Ice Age Trail, Hillview parking lot north of Mishicot. Start time 9 a.m.
- Park at the Ice Age parking lot off of Hillview Road, just west of the bridge. Hillview Road is about 3 miles North of Mishicot off of Highway B. The hike will be led by Bruce Berres. Questions? Contact him at 920-323-2843 or [email protected]
- The trail segment is 1.4 miles in length, (2.8 total there and back). The trail is a relatively flat, easy hike. The hike should take just over an hour.
- We will practice social distancing while hiking. Bring a hat, sun block, water and mosquito repellent
Future Chapter Hikes – Details coming later
Saturday, September 26, 2020 – Point Beach State Park, Two Rivers
Saturday, October 17, 2020 – Schutte Park, Manitowoc
Saturday, November 1, 2020 – Point Beach Full Moon Hike
Get Involved on the Trail
We schedule work days at various locations throughout the year. In addition to the group activities, we encourage people to get out onto the Trail:
Hall of Kamers [PDF] hiking award program.
“Secret” Places to Hike in Manitowoc County
There are a number of places to hike in Manitowoc County. The brochure Secret Manitowoc County Trails_2015 has maps of several that don’t get much use.
The Lakeshore Chapter was formed in 2007, when volunteers from Door, Kewaunee and Manitowoc counties and the North Kettle Moraine area merged into one chapter. Our chapter members work to support the mission and goals of the Ice Age Trail Alliance by promoting, planning, building and maintaining the Ice Age Trail from Fond du Lac County to the Eastern Terminus in Sturgeon Bay.
To get more information on chapter activities, small projects, and/or hiking the Ice Age Trail in this region, contact one of our chapter officers at [email protected]
Cheryl Gorsuch, Coordinator
6217 Arabian Way
Two Rivers, WI 54241
Kathy Claude, Secretary
808 S. Washington Dr
Howards Grove, WI 53083
Jim Powers, Treasurer
N1417 Boltonville Road
Adell, WI 53001