We are looking for dedicated and enthusiastic hikers and lovers of the outdoors to volunteer as Field Editors. That means you!
Field Editors will be asked to hike a selected segment of the Ice Age Trail, review and verify existing book info, and submit a Field Edit Report providing any updated, corrected, or new segment information. As a Field Editor you will receive all the documents and support you need to complete your assignment (hiking shoes not included).
You can complete your assignment as a Field Editor and submit your Field Edit Report anytime between mid-April and September 1, 2016.
Segments of various lengths along the entire Ice Age Trail are available. Field editors will also have the opportunity to submit photographs of their segment for possible publication in the updated books.
The interest in being a volunteer Field Editor is expected to be very high, so sign up right now before all the assignments are gone!
To volunteer (or ask questions) please contact Gary Hegeman, Volunteer Field Editor Coordinator, by phone (414-217-7626) or email (email@example.com).
The best part of being a Field Editor is the rewards. This opportunity will allow you to:
- Get exercise (both physical and mental – always good).
- Explore in-depth a segment of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail.
- Be a contributor to outstanding Trail publications.
- See your name in bright lights…or at least in the books’ list of Field Editors.
- Be a hero — help make the Ice Age Trail more accessible and meaningful to hikers and outdoor lovers everywhere.