Photo Credit: Cameron Gillie
Trailblazers aim to engage the next generation of volunteers. A group of Trailblazers will work to further community outreach, trail development, land stewardship, and advocacy initiatives within the Alliance. Trailblazers will also have the opportunity to learn useful skills and network with fellow volunteers, staff, and Trail advocates state and nationwide.
- Complimentary one year membership to the Ice Age Trail Alliance and free attendance to the Annual Conference
- Looks great on a resume!
- Develop knowledge about the Ice Age National Scenic Trail by networking with field experts and other trail stewards
- Gain advocacy experience by promoting the Ice Age National Scenic Trail at the state and national level
- Dedicate a few hours per month to volunteering with the Alliance (this includes all Trailblazers meetings and events)
- Work with Alliance staff and local chapters to create, lead, and promote new and different events
- Support and promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within the Alliance and on the Trail
- Be a young adult aged 21-35 with an interest in the Ice Age Trail and the outdoors
- Motivation to grow leadership skills
- Willingness to commit to one (or more) year(s) with the Trailblazers
Join the 2024 Trailblazers! (Application deadline is December 15, 2023).
People of all levels of experience, abilities, and backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply! Representatives from various regions of the Trail are wanted (no need to be local to Cross Plains).
Email Trailblazers@iceagetrail.org if you have any questions!
Thank you to the Derse Foundation for sponsoring the 2024 Trailblazers.