Reconnect: Mobile Skills Crew Trailbuilding Event – Ringle Segment, October 5-11, 2020
October 5 @ 8:00 am - October 11 @ 12:00 pm
This SIGNATURE EVENT recovers the celebratory joy of our volunteer award ceremony, commemorates the 40th anniversary of Ice Age National Scenic Trail designation, and continues new trail construction in the heart of the reimagined Ringle Segment. Special indoor program on Friday night, October 9th!
- Project support and camping availability will be announced closer to the event.
- New this year, all volunteers must fill out a new Covid-19 301a Volunteer Agreement (click here to download PDF).
- An updated Job Hazard Analysis is available for download here (PDF).
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. The project begins on Monday, October 5 and concludes Sunday, October 11. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. On Sunday, work ends by noon.
Join us for a special AWARDS BANQUET on Friday, October 9th at the Mountain View Bar & Grill, in Wausau!
This SIGNATURE EVENT recovers the celebratory joy of our volunteer award ceremony, commemorates the 40th anniversary of Ice Age National Scenic Trail designation, and continues new trail construction in the heart of the reimagined Ringle Segment.
Reserve your seat with a $25 non-refundable ticket (special pricing for children). Hurry! Seats are limited and ticket sales end October 1st. For more details and to register for the Awards Dinner and Banquet, go HERE.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries. Stay tuned for updates to Base Camp options.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.