- This event has passed.
Reconnect: Mobile Skills Crew Trailbuilding Event – Ringle Segment, October 5-11, 2020
October 5, 2020 @ 8:00 am - October 11, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
This event continues new trail construction in the heart of the reimagined Ringle Segment. Help put the exclamation point on 4.6 miles of new trail! Deep-woods stonework, tread construction, and more lies ahead.
Participation will be limited to 50 volunteers per day per DNR guidelines.
Volunteers in Parks and COVID-19 Safety Information:
- We’re excited to have you join us, however, please know the symptoms of the coronavirus and be prepared to STAY HOME if you exhibit any of them. Please visit the CDC website and view the symptoms listed there. Consider using the Self-Checker, an interactive guide, located mid-way down the page, which can help you make your decision. Go there now.
- Please complete this COVID-19 OF-301A Fillable Form.
- The National Park Service (NPS) requires every volunteer to complete a COVID-19 OF-301A Volunteer Service Agreement, whether you are a new IATA volunteer or a returning volunteer who has not yet filled out the post-March 24, 2020 version of this form.
- Please email the completed form to Dan Watson, NPS Volunteer Coordinator, ([email protected]).
- Dan will reply to you with a signed copy of the form.
Please read through these documents as they provide additional safety guidelines:
- A Cover Letter from Eric Gabriel, Superintendent[PDF]
- IATR-VIP Risk Assessment Tool[PDF]
- Covid19Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)[PDF]
No previous experience is necessary; training is provided by certified volunteer crew leaders. There will be roles for all ages and abilities.
Your contribution is welcome for any part of the event or the entire project. The project begins on Monday, October 5 and concludes Sunday, October 11. Trail construction activities begin each day around 8:00 a.m. and typically wrap up between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. On Sunday, work ends by noon.
What to Bring:
- We recommend a long-sleeve shirt and pants for trail work.
- Plan for variable weather – bring warm layers and rain gear.
- Sturdy hiking or work boots (no tennis shoes) and leather work gloves.
- Day pack, water bottles, insect repellent, sunscreen and a hat.
- If camping, bring a headlamp, tent, sleeping gear and toiletries. Stay tuned for updates to Base Camp options.
- Consider bringing a lawn chair; you’ll appreciate having it to relax around the fire in comfortable clothes at the end of the day.
We love dogs, but we ask that you not bring them to this event. Woolly mammoths are welcome.